Hi Oliver, many thanks for your continued interest!
For the most part, my spare time is unfortunately still spent with dealing with life issues. I.e., time available for development remains scarce.
That said, I've worked on quite a few smaller issues and improvements, e.g.:
- made some important fixes for crashing bugs
- implemented better handling of:
- deleted elements
- files located on network volumes
- file URLs containing aliases
- preformatted & metadata blocks
- added basic navigation within PDFs
- support for re-opening a document via its keypoints:// URL
- cmd-opt-clicking a Keypoints link will open its target element in a new window
I still have a few bigger topics to tackle. For example, to be useful to a broader set of users, my app should allow for import of PDF annotations as well as for export of notes & annotations.
During the last months, I've increasingly tried to use my app for my own reading & knowledge management tasks[*]. This has already helped to identify (and get rid of) some pain points w.r.t. the app's usage/workflow. I would love to continue these initial tests with a few dedicated users who are willing to work with the app (even if some crucial parts are still missing or unwieldy). Let me know if you're interested.
[*]: In this zettelkasten.de forum post
, I’ve given an example of how I use my app reading a book and structuring/filtering the reading notes with structure (aka overview) notes and tags. Especially, the post describes how one can use Keypoints to "filter notes by other notes".
In any case, I will definitely continue working on this app as much as I can.